The Original PD Belt
The PD-BELT™ is a device to stabilize the catheter without disturbing the exit site to comfortably and safely perform multiple daily CAPD treatments and also used extensively for CCPD.
The HealthCare Specialities PD Belt was designed by a patient who wanted control over his life while undergoing treatment.
What does it do? It is designed to immobilize the catheter at the exit site without coming into contact with the exit site, providing the CAPD patient with freedom to live normally in between treatments.
- Constructed of the highest quality, specially designed and fabricated woven-elastic material for utmost comfort and without any chemical ingredients that could cause allergic reactions for patients with delicate skin.
- Latex free.
- Designed to be worn at all times to keep patient’s exit site stabilized and the transfer set securely stored between exchanges in a pouch which is an integral part of the PD Belt.
- Its availability in five sizes, and for both left and right exit sites, makes the fit as close to being tailor made for each patient as possible.
- Each case contains three units so that after showering, a wet PD-BELT™ can readily be exchanged for a fresh, dry one.
- Instructions clearly explain how to change a wet belt for a dry one without aggravating the exit site.
- With the patented self adhesive Velcro band around the catheter which is then securely fastened by the first tab on the belt, accidental tugging and pulling is prevented especially for patients during nightly cycler therapy.
- Besides the 120% stretching limits built into the material for every size PD-BELT™, it is adjustable giving the patient an additional 9″ of flexibility for extra comfort.
- According to a preliminary, statistical survey, 86% of PD patients with chronic exit site problems, after starting to wear the PD-BELT™, experienced no exit site complications, including irritation, pain or infection.
- Worn 24 hours a day, according to recommended instructions, including laundering and bathing (showering) at normal intervals, a package of three PD-BELT™ units will last four months